Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Opolo

We took a trip to the California Central Coast recently and our first stop was Opolo Vineyards. I knew Wine Snob Hubby enjoyed their zinfandel and I'd been told that we'd visited the tasting room before but I couldn't remember it. Thankfully, as soon as I saw the building I remembered being there. Whew!
We had a great server at the tasting room bar. She was fun and she knew her wine. We ended up joining their club. Last night we opened the first of our membership wines, an Albarino, and shared it with friends.

It's a crisp white, somewhere between a sauvignon blanc and a chardonnay. The official description says, "Delicate floral aromas on the nose bring to mind dew covered wildflowers combines with sweeter notes of peaches and apricots. Light acidity and a subtle effervescence on the finish give this wine a freshness that pairs perfectly with grilled seafood and lighter aperitifs."

I found "dew covered wildflowers" to be a bit of a stretch but I did taste the peach freshness and enjoyed it as much as an after dinner drink as an aperitif.

No comments:

Post a Comment